Professor in Telecommunications
President & CTO
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
+1 (404) 259-3727
Truva Inc., Alpharetta, GA 30022, U.S.A.
- Best Paper Award for “Automatic Network Slicing for Resource Allocation in Underwater Acoustic Communication Systems” at the Fourth International Balkan Conference on Communications and Networking (BalkanCom 2021), September 2021.
- 2018 ACM WUWNET Pioneer Award by the ACM International Conference on Underwater Networks & Systems (WUWNet’18) with citation “in recognition of all the help in promoting the International Conference on Underwater Networks & Systems and the sound technical contribution to the field”. [Picture]
- 2017 IEEE ComSoc TCCN Recognition Award by the IEEE ComSoc Technical Committee on Cognitive Networks (TCCN) with citation “for pioneering contributions to spectrum sensing, spectrum sharing algorithms and communication protocols for cognitive radio networks”.
- ACM MSWIM Reginald A. Fassenden Award with the citation:“For pioneering contributions for modeling and analysis of cellular and multihop wireless communication systems”, September 2014.
- Humboldt Research Prize from Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany, in November 2013.
- FiDiPro (Finland Distinguished Professor) Professorship at Tampere University of Technology, Department of Communications Engineering, Finland, supported by the Academy of Science in Finland, in January 2013 for the next 4 years.
- 2011 TUBITAK (Turkish National Science Foundation) Exclusive Award for “Outstanding contributions to the advancement of scholarship/research at international level”, December 2011.[Picture][Picture][Picture][Picture]
- 2011 IEEE Computer Society W. Wallace McDowell Award for: “Pioneering contributions to wireless sensor network architectures and communication protocols”, in May 2011.[Picture]
- 2010 IEEE Communications Society Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks Technical Committee (AHSN TC) Technical Recognition Award with the citation: “For pioneering contributions to wireless sensor networks and wireless mesh networks”, in December 2010.[Picture]
- Best Paper Award for “Deployment Algorithms for Wireless Underground Sensor Networks using Magnetic Induction” in the IEEE Globecom, in December 2010. [Picture]
- Best Paper Award for “Interferer Classification, Channel Selection and Transmission Adaptation for Wireless Sensor Networks” in the Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks (AHSN) symposium at IEEE ICC, in June 2009. [Picture]
- 2009 ECE Distinguished Mentor Award by the Georgia Tech School of Electrical and Computer Engineering Faculty Honors Committee. [Picture] [Picture][Picture][Picture][Picture][Picture][Picture]
- 2009 Georgia Tech Outstanding Doctoral Thesis Advisor Award for his 20+ years service and dedication to Georgia Tech and producing outstanding PhD students. [Picture]
- 2005 Distinguished Faculty Achievement Award from the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Georgia Tech, April 2005. [Picture] [Picture] [Picture][Picture][Picture][Picture][Picture][Picture][Picture][Picture][Picture] [Video of Dr. Akyildiz from the ECE Awards ceremony 2005]
- 2004 Georgia Tech Faculty Research Author Award for his “Outstanding record of publications of papers between 1999-2003”, April 2004. [Picture]
- 2003 ACM SIGMOBILE Outstanding Contribution Award for his “Pioneering contributions in the area of mobility and resource management for wireless communication networks”, September 2003. [Picture]
- 2003 Best Tutorial Paper Award (IEEE Communications Society) for this paper entitled “A Survey on Sensor Networks” published in the IEEE Communications Magazine, August 2002. [Picture]
- 2002 IEEE Harry M. Goode Memorial Award (IEEE Computer Society) with the citation: “For significant and pioneering contributions to advanced architectures and protocols for wireless and satellite networking”.[Picture]
- 1997 IEEE Leonard G. Abraham Prize Award (IEEE Communications Society) for his paper entitled “Multimedia Group Synchronization Protocols for Integrated Services Architectures” published in the IEEE Journal of Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC)” in January 1996.[Picture]
- ACM FELLOW (1997) with the citation: “For fundamental research contributions in: finite capacity queueing network models; performance evaluation of Time Warp parallel simulations; traffic control in ATM networks, and mobility management in wireless networks”.[Picture]
- IEEE Fellow (1996) with the citation: “For contributions to performance analysis of computer communication networks”. [Picture]
- ACM Distiguinshed Lecturer Award in 1994.[Picture]
- Don Federico Santa María Medal from Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María, Chile, “For his services to the Universidad of Don Federico Santa María in Chile in 1986”.[Picture]